Believe it or not, one of the biggest mistakes people make when trying to shed fat is eating too little. That’s right, not eating enough is one of the worst decisions you can make when you’re trying to lose weight.
If you don’t eat enough, your blood sugar levels will plummet, and your body will believe you are starving. This triggers the release of hormones that slow down your metabolism. In short, your body is trying to stop you from losing fat (this is part of the reason why dieting is not an effective means of weight loss).
Why Snacking Helps You to Lose Weight
Eating more often throughout the day and snacking between meals helps even out blood sugar levels. This does three things that aid in weight reduction and fat loss:
- It keeps your metabolism burning Fat at peak levels
- It reduces cravings and hunger
- It helps to elevate physical energy and mood.
Which Snacks Will Help You Lose Fat
When it comes to snacking, what you eat isn’t as important as how much. Your snack needs to have enough calories to keep your blood sugar from dropping too low but also not so many calories that it will spike your insulin. The ideal portion is 150-250 calories for women and men.
While you can eat pretty much any snacks you want on the Food Lovers Fat Loss System, here are some snack ideas that will give you faster and more dramatic results.
Fat Loss Snacks
- Cereal: Look for cereals with 150 to 200 calories per cup and at least 4 grams of fiber and 4 grams of Protein per serving, but no more than 10 grams of sugar.
- Cheese: Choose cheeses that are less than 100 calories per ounce and contain no trans fats. For maximum fat loss, eat with an apple.
- Energy Bars: Opt for bars with 3 to 5 grams of fiber and no more than 10 grams of sugar.
- Jerky: Beef and turkey jerky are high in Protein and low in Carbs, so they have virtually no chance of spiking blood sugar levels as long as you snack within your calorie range.
- Nuts & Legumes: Nuts are loaded with Protein and “healthy” Fats. Just be sure to measure out your portion size before you eat – about 25 to 30 almonds is ideal.
The Food Lovers Fat Loss System’s Snack and Treat Guide gives ideas for more than 1,000 delectable fat-loss snacks. Click here to learn more…